What it is and how to save with a Bird scooter coupon promo code
Rideshare services have made getting around more convenient, more eco-friendly, and in many cases, more cost-effective. For example, in many places owning a car is expensive (insurance, gas, maintenance, fees, etc.) And many people, myself included, find it a lot less expensive to just use a rideshare service to get where I need to go. Goodbye finding and paying for parking at events!
But there sometimes arises a situation where using a rideshare service might not be worth it. I’m talking about when your destination is closer than something that warrants using Lyft or Uber. For example, if you only need to go about a few miles away, or even less than one, then the cost of hailing an Uber or Lyft doesn’t make sense. There’s minimum fare, and service charge to consider.
But now there is an option that isn’t just more cost-effective for shorter distances, but more eco-friendly. I’m talking, of course, about the Bird scooters. And if you have a Bird scooter coupon promo code, it’s even cheaper!
What are they?
Bird scooters are personal motorized scooters that you can rent for short amounts of time. If you live in a city, you may have seen them on the curbsides here and there. Inputting your Bird scooter coupon promo code can also make your first ride less expensive.
How to use Bird
- Download the app on your smartphone. It’s compatible with both Apple and Android smartphones.
- Open the app. You will need to enter your email address, and enable location, camera and storage permissions for it.
- Find the Bird scooter closest to you. The app will show you where all the scooters nearby are located. Don’t forget to input your Bird scooter coupon promo code!
- Once you’ve found your ride, use the app to unlock it. Use the handles on the handlebars to accelerate and to brake. Don’t forget to wear your helmet!
- Once you’ve reached your destination, park the scooter by the nearest curbside. Do not leave it in the sidewalk to block people’s paths! Deactivate it with your Bird app, and that’s it!
Is there anything I need to know?
Yes. When you’re riding something that can reach up to 15 miles an hour on flat terrain, it is necessary to have safety in mind. Some tips are:
- Do not ride your Bird scooter on the sidewalk. Use bike lanes.
- ALWAYS wear your helmet.
- Stay alert and watch for other people. It’s like being behind a wheel; a careless rider can be a danger to others as well as themselves!
- Watch for obstacles in your path as well: rocks, potholes, shopping carts, etc.
- Use your Bird scooter coupon promo code. It’s not a safety tip, but it DOES save you some cash!
How much does using Bird cost?
At the time this was written, using it costs $1 to activate the scooter, and an additional 15 cents for every minute it’s activated. A paltry amount compared to the minimum charge and service fee charged by rideshare companies. So consider using your Bird scooter coupon promo code next time you need to go a short distance. You will save time, money, get some fresh air, and even reduce your carbon footprint!