A new patch is here, and the balance of League of Legends is changing. Look no further for the definitive League of Legends Patch 7.13
LCS tier means only good in competitive play due to relying on composition, team play, high mechanics, or all of these.
List is for “Olympic Elo” Bronze 5-Gold 1
Find our previous God Tier List Here
Patch 7.13 God Tier List
God Tier Top: Fiora (4 patches in a row)
One of the long-standing top tier top laners continues her stint in the God Tier. With very few losing matchups in lane, the choice between splitpushing and heavy teamfight impact, and nearly unmatched dueling potential Fiora is the embodiment of what most teams look for in the top lane.
The expected strongest build for this patch will be focused on sustain, combining Ravenous Hydra, Death’s Dance and Guardian Angel. this core build makes you an incredible duelist with an immense amount of bonus AD and Lifesteal. Maw of Malmortius and Black Cleaver are other strong options as well depending on your lane opponent
God Tier Jungle: Zac
With one of the healthiest and also a very quick first clear Zac is able to gank much sooner and more effectively than most other junglers. One of the main strengths in the jungle right now is sustain and Zac is pretty much the best at that between his blobs from his W and his capability to abuse hunters talisman in the jungle it keeps him very healthy and gives great synergy with the recently buffed Spirit Visage. Furthermore, he does extremely well skirmishes and full on 5v5 and is fantastic for counter-ganking since he can show up from so far away and his Q does well against fleeing targets. While more damage oriented champions can be capable of dueling him,
His core build is typically lucidity>Cinderhulk>Spirit Visage>Deadman’s, giving him a fantastic combination of Armor, MR and HP. Not to mention all the CDR he gets from this as well; despite his size, Zac gets around pretty quickly with his E on 40% CDR
God Tier Mid: Ahri (8 patches in a row, rito pls)
Being able to abuse strong items is a quick ticket to the God Tier, and Ahri has two very strong builds at her disposal. Between Morellonomicon->Luden’s Echo and Hextech Gunblade->Lich Bane, Ahri is capable of being a strong teamfighter or a strong splitpusher, respectively, depending on what her team needs (as well as your own personal style). Her ability to shove in the lane and then either kill her own enemy.
Her ability to shove in the lane and then either kill her enemy or roam to help pressure other lanes is nearly unmatched in the mid lane. On top of all this, she is very safe. Her ability to charm enemies engaging on her or quickly dash out of combat with her ultimate make her a very slippery target to stay on top of.
Yes, she’s seen recent nerfs, but it was not enough to make her weaker than other midlaners.
God Tier Marksman: Caitlyn
Caitlyn consistently dominates the bot lane with her superior range and her zoning ability with her traps. She synergizes very well with the top tier supports as well giving her added bonuses if your support decides to play meta champions. Her changes this patch do not really negatively affect her as a champion, more so just in her build. Now her typical build will be BF>Statikk>IE, essentially just replacing Runaan’s with Statikk
See Also: ADC Masteries Guide
God Tier Support: Blitzcrank
Blitzcrank is typically labelled as the anti-meta support, he rarely actually follows what the meta needs and is more likely to just counter what other meta supports provide. But this is one of those rare times where blitzcrank absolutely follows the meta and even controls it in some ways. Tanky play making supports are at the top right now and for Olympic elo blitzcrank is your best option. A single pull on the right champ in the late game can easily be the deciding factor of a game, as well as continuously pulling the enemy ADC in lane to quickly get your Marksman fed and tilt theirs.
See Also: Support Masteries Guide
Patch 7.13 Top Lane Tier List:
Carry Tier 1
Kled, Darius, Renekton, Jayce
- High solo kill potential
- Strong splitpush
- Can easily get tanky
- Wins lane
Carry Tier 1.5
Camille, Gnar, Irelia, Fizz, Tryndamere, Pantheon
- Tryndamere is a great duelist and does well with the new lifesteal focused builds
- Irelia+Fizz+wukong get a new build as well. Trinity Force>Sterak’s>Gargoyle Stoneplate will be Irelia’s typical start, giving her great survivabilty. This build allowes her to dive into fights, quickly do away with one of your squishy carries, then gain bonuses from Sterak’s and Gargoyle to help her survive enemy retaliation.
- (You’ve convinced me) Pantheon is a very strong lane bully also with the ability to roam very easily, although he falls off in the late game harder than any champ in the game. FF15 is actually a buff early game champs like pantheon
- gnar buffed this patch giving his Q more base damage and increasing his jump range by a significant amount giving him more lane pressure
Carry Tier 2
Rumble, Gangplank, Riven, Illaoi, Talon, Wukong
- wukong has variety in his build in that he can either go the lifesteal oriented build with ravenous and DD or he can opt to go triforce and steraks. A bit more reliant on snowballing than the other champions of his style resulting in lower placement
- Everybody makes mistakes and my biggest one recently was ignoring rumble. I incorrectly labelled him on previous lists because i believed that adaptive helm countered him when it doesn’t actually do much
- Death’s Dance+Sterak’s+Visage should make Illaoi much harder to deal with now. While she still lacks CC and a good gap closer, her counter-initiation is godly, and she has strong lane sustain.
- Fewer tanks in the top lane makes lethality stronger, allowing Talon to shine.
- Riven is a great laner and snowball champion that will do well with the new build options and lack of tanks top
- Gangplank has risky laning phase, but if you can survive it and get to skirmishes/teamfights then he is exceptional. Benefits from crit items and Sterak’s being buffed
Carry Tier 3
Quinn, Teemo, Kennen, Yorick, Lissandra
- Basically cheese tier
- Strong lane bully but doesn’t achieve much afterward (minus Kennen who is effective in teamfights)
Tank Tier 1
Gragas, Singed, Poppy, Shen
- Gragas gets some very nice buffs with the sustain on Visage and the added tankiness from Gargoyle
- Singed is still one of the best laning tanks in top and like Gragas gets nice buffs from the new tank items
- Shen is fantastic for teamplay/crossmap play while still being capable of winning lane (think tanky Gangplank)
- Poppy counters hard engage champs, which are highly effective in the current meta—especially in jungle
Tank Tier 2
Galio, Swain, Nasus, trundle, Olaf
- Good at running at enemy (strong for top because of the long lane)
- Can push lanes well
- Strong CC
Tank Tier 3
Nautilus, Maokai, Warwick, Garen
- Anti-tank tanks
- Duel well in lane
- Strong teamfighting ults but easily avoided/kited
Tank Tier 4
Malphite, Tahm Kench, Sion, Mundo, Volibear
- Practically not worth picking
Patch 7.13 Jungle Tier List:
- Heavily gank and utility-oriented. Excellent for teamplay but not SoloQ
- Ivern is the best jungler in the game if you are Diamond+
- Unmatched clearing
Gragas, Kha’Zix, Hecarim, Nunu, Olaf
- Nunu shoots up the list thanks to Cinderhulk damage buffs, which allow him to clear Raptors and Krugs much more easily. The Visage buffs give him more healing just like Gragas. Gargoyle’s main drawback is that it limits your damage, but Nunu doesn’t really care about damage. Nunu is, as always, the best objective controller in the game, so with the new Rift Herald dominating over uncoordinated teams, Nunu will do extremely well with and against it.
- Kha’zix remains the strongest Jungle assassin this patch, his early powerspikes and strong objective control on top of having great dueling capabilities makes him a fantastic pick for soloQ and makes snowballing your lead very easy
- Gragas The strongest balance of ganking and farming, fantastic sustain with his passive and spirit visage along with enough CC and damage to pull of ganks against any opponent. on top of this he also does a surprising amount of damage between building iceborn gauntlet and the base damage of his abilities
- Olaf gets much stronger itemization this patch. His favorite item, Righteous Glory, got nice buffs this patch allowing him to not sacrifice as many stats to build it. Cinder>RG>Gargoyle>locket>GA will be a fantastic typical build for Olaf, obviously with the option to build more situationally with things like deadmans or visage
Elise, Amumu, Master Yi, Shyvana, Rammus
- Amumu is great for teamfights and strong itemization
- Yi and Shyvana are great low-elo junglers due to their strong snowball potential and ability to gain a lead just by farming a lot (which we all know is the only thing your “terrible” junglers like to do)
- Elise is one of the ganking/diving champs in the game making her a fantastic jungler for playing against inexperienced laners
- Rammus received incredible buffs this patch making his passive and his W and his Q extremely strong. He used to be just a counter to full AD comps but now he has potential to succeed against a larger variety of opponents. The new abyssal scepter synergizes extremely well with his kit giving him a reasonable build path vs AP and from the extra damage on his passive+E and W he is a very strong dueling champion
Graves, Rengar, Lee Sin, Sejuani, Jarvan4
- Graves is the best powerfarming jungler next to shyvana, while he lacks in ganks he is fantastic at dueling and farming although a bit more difficult to pull off
- Lee Sin would be much higher if my list was intended for higher elo, but in low elo these champs are typically too difficult to play to their full potential, leaving you behind the enemy jungler who chose to play a much simpler champion
- Rengar and Nocturne(1 tier lower) are hurt by the Black Cleaver nerfs, but they’re still not bad at snowballing and tilting the enemy team. Lethality is still a strong option and they benefit from it nicely
- back to being a worse version of Amumu (AP oriented tank with strong teamfight potential) Sejuani received very large nerfs last patch making her passive much less effective resulting in a much more balanced version of the champ
Rek’Sai, Nidalee, Wukong, Warwick, Vi, Nocturne
- Tank junglers being stronger gives Nidalee a fighting chance. Her main weakness is strong early skirmishers and Assassins.
- Wukong and Vi are the weakest of the AD assassins, they would do well with the new Tri Force->Sterak’s build, but it’s more difficult when this build is delayed by a jungle item.
- Warwick is incredible at dueling and is helped by the Visage buffs, but his kit encourages a bad playstyle (chasing for kills) and his Ult is almost a better escape than engage.
- reksai has great gank pressure and now more kill pressure from recent buffs but is heavily reliant on snowballing
Galio, Shaco, Skarner, Evelyn, Xin Zhao
- Galio does well as an anti-tank tank; his kit naturally does well against tanks and he is also great as secondary initiation
- Eve/Shaco are just good for cheesing; while sometimes effective, it is unreliable
- Skarner is a weaker version of Olaf/Hecarim
Patch 7.13 Mid Lane Tier List:
Leblanc, Katarina, Cassiopeia, Ryze, Taliyah
- Too difficult/complicated for majority of players
- All 5 are top tier in high elo
- Reliant on high mechanics, teamplay or both
Syndra, Orianna, Ziggs, Xerath, Vladimir
- Very strong laning
- Easy to roam
- Large teamfight impact
- Ziggs/Xerath somewhat the counter-meta. Very good at denying roams by shoving lane to deny CS if the enemy leaves and, despite their lack of ability to roam, they can just walk half the distance and ult.
Jayce, Kassadin, Talon, Ekko, Lux, Gangplank
- Large teamfight impact
- Strong poke
- Good solokill potential but can also easily farm
- Talon is the weaker AD assassin, strong from Lethality
- Kassadin is close to an anti-meta category, does very well against most AP champs, especially control mages but can suffer heavily if set behind before hitting 6
Fizz, Zed, Twisted Fate, Vel’Koz, Karma
- Long range but more reliant on skillshots
- Fizz is low due to his weak laning phase, but if he survive till 6, can snowball any matchup.
- Zed deserves much higher on this list but since he is one of the most difficult champions in the game to play, players on the low end of the ladder can not be expected to consistently perform well when using him
Anivia, Karthus, Brand, Annie, Corki
- Farm focused laning
- Strong AOE teamfight capabilities
- Anivia is a waveclear bot
Malzahar, Viktor, Veigar, Morgana
- Best as counterpicks. Good teamfight potential but riskier playstyle/laning makes it harder to get to teamfight phase
Patch 7.13 Marksman Tier List:
See Also: ADC Masteries Guide
Lucian, Twitch, Xayah
- Very high damage
- High Playmaking potential
- Strong laning
Jinx, Draven, Varus, Ashe
- Jinx is helped a lot by the crit item buffs and will be able to hit her necessary power spikes much sooner to help in sieging and mid-game fights.
- Infinity Edge and Deaths Dance are strong and thus Draven is strong—especially with picks like nautilus and maokai falling out of meta.
- With the bork centric builds it gives utility champs like varus and ashe the chance to be a carry. their weaker laning is helped by the early lifesteal and doran’s shield
- Varus also counters the popular doran’s shield with his E
Jhin, Miss Fortune, Vayne, Kog’Maw
- Too low range to be rated higher
- High damage but more situational comp-wise
- Kog’Maw is one of the few champs that is actually hurt by the Runaan’s changes
- After changes to her Q forcing her to build crit, Miss Fortune is less effective in lane. In addition, with the crit buffs her teamfighting and mid rotations should be much stronger.
Sivir, Ezreal, Corki
- Ezreal cannot use crit effectively, so he is naturally weaker anytime crit is strong. as well as continuous bork nerfs
Both these champs would be top tier if they didn’t have an endless list of bugs. Pick them at your own risk, basically a 50/50 chance that your champ actually does what it’s supposed to do, if it works then you might win but if it doesn’t then you auto lose
Patch 7.13 Support Tier List:
See Also: Support Masteries Guide
Janna, Lulu, Nami, Thresh, Morgana
- Janna and lulu still remain near the top even though this is Janna’s first time being off the god tier. Despite their style being a bit weaker than their tanky support opponents, shielders still get fantastic itemization options and many opportunities to peel for their carries
- Nami is consistently one of the most underrated supports in the game. In my opinion she has one of the most well designed kits in the game with incredible lane pressure, AOE hard cc on a basic ability to easily win the 2v2 bot lane and then an enormous level 6 powerspike to control the bot lane and quickly turn the tides in a teamfight
- If he wasn’t so complex to play then Thresh would be far above every other support on this list, the play making potential that he brings to the Rift is nearly unmatched in the support role. Pick comps are the most effective comp to be used in soloq due to soloq teams being extremely uncoordinated and disorganized
- Morgana does well as a play making support as well as countering most play making supports with her black shield. The more defensive side of the current support meta
Braum, Karma, Sona, Bard, Leona
- Braum accomplishes a similar job as morgana in that they are both defensive or reactive play making supports
- Karma has been recently nerfed and with the changes to shield/healing items now other champs can build those items to catch up to what karma is so well known for doing
- Sona and bard are actually very similar champions. They bring unexpectedly high damage to the laning phase while also healing their Marksman. Then when they move to mid-game they have fantastic team fight oriented ultimates to lock down the enemy team
- Brand/Zyra counter low elo players, free kills based on stupid opponents but relying on opponent mistakes is unfortunately not a legitimate strategy. You need to be able to be proactive as well as reactive
Soraka, Vel’Koz, Alistar, Tahm Kench
- Morellos is OP in mid and damage supports build Liandry’s, both counters to healers
- Vel’koz is the worst of the 3 mage supps.
- Alistar Countered pretty hard by damage/lane bully supps. Really, only thing he does is save backliners from cc and is a psuedo bruiser
- while tahm is a popular pick in professional play he does not translate well to soloq. He has strong play making potential with his ult and can easily save a carry that gets caught out but this doesn’t mean much when you get annihilated in laning phase and set your bot lane behind by having basically no lane presence